Cauliflower Roasted With Balsamic & Parmesan
The recipes that will appear in this section, were created with health (low calories plus vitamins & minerals) in mind, as well as delicious taste. Another attribute, you will find, is ease of preparation. This particular recipe has wonderful flavor and is very low in calories. It’s better served warm, but any left-overs could be served as a salad.
- 8 cups 1-inch-cauliflower florets, (One large cauliflower)
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Pinch fine black pepper or grind your own
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Toss cauliflower, oil, marjoram, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Spread on a large rimmed baking sheet and roast in oven (350 F) until starting to soften and brown on the bottom, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Toss the cauliflower, carefully, in a large bowl, with vinegar and sprinkle with cheese. Place in glass oven-proof baking dish.
- Return to the oven and roast until the cheese is melted and any moisture has evaporated, 5 to 10 minutes more. Serve, or cover and put in warming oven until ready to serve
This is a wonderful side dish to serve with any kind of fish